Updated: Jul 22
The Wading Pool is open Tuesdays - Thursdays from 11:00am to 5pm!
*Pool hours are subject to change without notice due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.* Visit winnipeg.ca for up-to-date pool information.
The wading pool is supervised by a Pool Attendant at all times during open hours.
The wading pool is operated and maintained by the City of Winnipeg. STCC does not control hours or pool closures. STCC is not involved in staffing, operation, maintenance or cleanliness of the pool. For questions regarding the wading pool, please contact 311.
Capacity at wading pools will be reduced to help ensure physical distancing guidelines are maintained.
Wading pools are drop in only (no pre-registration) and limited use of washrooms will be available.
Customers will be asked to use the self-assessment symptom checklist before entering the pool. Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed to enter.
Please follow all current public health orders, including physical distancing requirements.
*Posted signage at the pool, information from pool attendants, and information found on winnipeg.ca overrules any conflicting information found on this site.
City of Winnipeg Wading Pool Rules:
• For children 12 years of age and under.
• Children under 7 years of age must have a parent/guardian 12 years of age or older actively supervising them.
• Appropriate swimwear is required (i.e. swimsuit, shorts).
• Wading Pool Attendant must be on duty while swimming (wading pools only).
• Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear a leak-proof swim garment.
• No horse play. This includes, but is not limited to: running, climbing structures, spitting water.
• No smoking within 30 m (City of Winnipeg BY-LAW NO. 62/2011).
• No alcohol/drugs.
• No glass or food on the pool deck.
• No large inflatable toys, water guns or sand.
• No bicycles/skateboards/scooters/in-line skates, etc.
• No abusive/profane language.
• Animals are not permitted, with the exception of service animals.
• Do not drink pool water or water from spray features.
• Water shoes are recommended.
• Persons infected with a communicable disease or having open sores cannot enter the water.
Pool Closures at Outdoor Aquatic Facilities:
Check winnipeg.ca or contact 311 for current information.
An outdoor pool or wading pool may be closed throughout the day if any of the following conditions arise:
• The weather turns to thundershowers during the day.
• Lightning and/or thunder are present.
• Water, electricity, access to a phone for emergencies, first aid kit or washroom facilities are not available.
• Foreign material, such as glass, fecal matter, vomit, animals or blood, is found in the water and has the potential to affect pool water.
• Maintenance issues.
• Pool water clarity or quality does not meet Manitoba Public Health Act standards.
Wading Pool Closing Procedures:
Draining of the wading pool is coordinated with the time the pool closes. Staff begin draining the pool prior to closing and as a result, there will not be a full basin of water at closing time. Children will be permitted to stay in the wading pool while it is draining under the following conditions:
• Children do not play near or sit on the drain.
• There is no whirlpool present.
• The Wading Pool Attendant does not have to leave the wading pool area to attend to other facility requirements.